Not many people will pay attention to their skin; it is often taken for granted. If you want to think about it carefully, you should realize the importance of your skin. Do you know that your skin is the widest body part, covering most of your body? Sadly, people don’t really think about protecting and caring for it, thinking that it is not important. But do you know that your skin can affect the overall look of your appearance? Do you know that proper care and maintenance can make you look younger and make you healthier in such simple manner?
Know Your Skin Better
The skin is basically very important in providing protection for you. It will be your first defense against harsh elements or infection. Whether you are dealing with pouring rain or the harsh sun ray, your skin will deal with it the first time. That’s why caring for its health is important as any microscopic break or creaks can cause viral and bacterial infection.
You also need to consider your skin treatment if you suffer from dry skin. Dry skin is often related with microangiopathy, which is a condition when your blood vessels don’t get enough nutrients supply to the cellular level. That’s why your skin hydration system is affected and you will end up dealing with longer healing process. That’s why skincare products are created and made. Their purpose is to coat the skin and provide extra layer that will prevent moisture loss and also to add extra layers of protection to the skin, making it more solid and stronger.
Unfortunately, not all people have the right type of skin that can deal with such products. Sensitive skins are prone to acne breakout or irritation, so you can’t really rely on them. But don’t be discouraged as there are other alternatives you can try to protect and care for your skin. You can do these simple methods in your daily activities, including trying some home remedies treatments that won’t hurt your wallet.
You don’t have to go to expensive skin clinics or treatment to have beautiful, healthy, and brighter skin. Simply follow these steps and include them into your personal lifestyle and daily activities.
The first thing to do is to protect the skin from sunray exposure. Harsh UV ray from the sun can cause age spots, wrinkles, and other issues – including dry skin and skin cancer. Here are the simple things to do to protect you:
1. Find shades. It is better if you can avoid sun exposure from 10 AM to 4 PM, when the sunray is the strongest. If you can’t avoid it, be sure to find shades to protect you.
2. Wear sunscreen. Wear the one with higher level of SPF, at least 15. If you are an active person with loads of outdoor activities, always re-apply the sunscreen once every two hours. If you are swimming, don’t forget to wear it. You should re-apply more often if you are sweating a lot.
3. Wear protective clothes. To avoid harsh exposure, you can wear long pants or long sleeves shirts. You can also wear hats or umbrella for the added protection. It is possible to add laundry additives to the laundry so your clothes will have additional ultraviolet protection. Don’t forget to choose breathable and light clothing that is comfy to wear.
The second thing to do is to pay attention to healthy lifestyle, which means that you should limit – or even stop – smoking. Consuming alcohol should also be limited as it is diuretic, making the body remove more water from the body than it is supposed to. The key to healthy and beautiful skin is to have enough moisture and water within the skin. When you are consuming alcohol, your skin will be dry because all the water is being sucked out. The same thing also happens to smoking, as it will make the tiny blood vessels within the skin gets narrow, reducing the blood flow.
The third thing to do is to treat the skin in proper and right way. Even simple things like shaving can affect the condition of your skin. Here are the things you can do:
1. Remove strong soaps. It is better to choose mild detergents or soaps, as they won’t remove the oil from the skin. After all, strong products can cause irritation.
2. Limit your bathing time, especially if you are using hot water. It is better to use warm water and don’t spend too much time in the bathroom. You don’t want the natural oil being stripped off the skin, do you?
3. Avoid scrubbing; pat instead. After bathing or washing, it is better to pat dry the skin instead of scrubbing. Not only will it make the natural oil remain on the skin, patting won’t irritate or hurt your skin.
4. Always moisture. Keeping your skin moist is important if you want to have healthy and young appearance.
Home Remedies Recipes
You can make use of the ingredients around you to care for your skin. Here are some recipes to try:
Honey and Avocado Moisturizer. It helps creating smoother complexion as well as retaining the youthful and dewy appearance of the skin. Simply mix avocado, fresh cream, and honey and apply the mixture on the face. Leave it for an hour and then rinse it with warm water. Your skin will feel soft in an instant and your skin will be bright.
Anti Wrinkle Salad. It is filled with antioxidants, which is good for the skin. It nourishes the skin as well as improving the circulation. Eat it for breakfast and you should see the result immediately. Mix kiwi, orange juice, and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle everything with chopped walnut and you can have refreshing and tasty meal.
Basil Toner. It is good for skin that is sensitive to acne, improving the skin circulation and act as antiseptic. Crush the basil leaves and mix them into boiling water. After it cools off, put the mixture into a spray bottle. You can spray the skin before cleansing, or then use cotton pad to spread the mixture on your face.
As you see, caring for your skin isn’t that hard, after all. All you need to do is commitment and include these routines into your daily activities.